Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Scrap Galaxy Crop Layouts

Well, I think I mentioned that we are having an online crop at Scrap Galaxy. I posted 3 challenges (I think there will be 15 all together, or something like that). Anyway, here are 2 layouts I did for 2 of my challenges.

The first one is to make a title using masking or inking. I used masking (the concept would be taping something off, painting over it & then removing the tape...no paint where the tape was). These are a few pictures of Sebastian from his fifth birthday party. Journaling reads, 'I didn't know I would only have 5 years for you to be my 'baby.' That is one thing you definitely are not anymore. You've moved on. You're now a boy. You're active, intelligent, and more aggressive than you've ever been. You're independent. And while I know you will always love your momma, you have shifted your focus to your friends. I knew this day would come. I just didn't expect it to come so soon.'

The second one was create a layout with at least 2 pictures and use some combination of black & white and color in your pictures. That could be one pic all color, the other all black & white. Or it could be color and B&W in the same pic. I did a combo. One picture - the focal picture - has a combo of color & B&W. This is a simple and very cool technique. Then the smaller pictures are a combo of all B&W or all color. These pictures are from one of the areas at Meijer Garden (from our trip last summer). Journaling reads 'While the big kids went off exploring in the tree house and the log cabin, you wandered, and came across this miniature tea table, just right for a moment of make-believe. You played intently for quite awhile, pouring pretend tea and serving pretend guests. And I was beyond content to sit & watch you. The sweet expressions on your face, the shadows & highlights from the way the sun fell around us. You looked radiant. Moments like this are what truly make my life enchanted.'

The crop is going on through tomorrow, if anyone's interested, it's not too late to get started. Just finish as many of the challenges as you choose to do. There are prizes for each challenge you complete. And it's a great way to get some scrapping done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not know you could do that with pictures...really neat! Adorable baby in the pictures too. You can see how much she is concentrating on her tea party. I love both layouts..very unique. Good job kid!!
Mom