Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2007

One for the books

HAPPY EASTER! I hope you all have had a chance to reflect on the day, aside from the chocolate bunnies and colored eggs, and just take in how awesome Easter really is!

That being said, let me share with you my interesting morning. Meagan was the first one up, which rarely happens. She came into our room to announce her waking, and true to form, she made it clear that she was ready for breakfast. It went something like this: "Mommy! Daddy! I want breakfast! I want breakfast! I want breakfast! I want breakfast!" (Hmmm...I'm raising a bottomless pit!)

Well, since we knew we would be out of town for the week, we didn't go to the grocery last weekend. Therefore, our milk was 5 days expired. We had to be creative for breakfast! We used up the last of the frozen breakfast foods - waffles and toaster scrambles or something like that. But, we didn't have to go hungry, so no complaints. Time to get ready...

The boys did fine getting dressed. Thankfully. Because Meagan was a TREAT! She wanted absolutely nothing to do with her cute little pink and white polka-dotted dress. I put it over her head, and she threw it back off and shouted 'NO'. So I tried again to put it over her head. Again, she pushed it away and yelled 'NO DRESS'. 'Come on Meagan. We need to get dressed.' So she goes and hides in the corner of her room. I grab her arm and pull her out of the corner. Stick the dress back over her head and pull it down so her head pops through. So she puts her arms behind her and stiff-arms me so I can't get her arms into the arm holes. 'NO DRESS' (amid other general shrieks and screams)! Then she flips onto her back and starts the whole arched back kicking & screaming trick. (You've got to be kidding me!) But, I won't give in, so I try to push her arm into the arm whole. She flips onto her stomach, trying to resist - yelling the whole time, of course. This move, however, was her downfall! (insert evil laugh here) Because I had to button the back of the dress anyhow, so having her on her stomach was ideal for me. How to keep her there? Sit on her (just enough to hold her, of course)! Now, she's wriggling with all her might, but I manage to get both arms in the proper places and the dress buttoned and tied. Now for the stockings & shoes! Since she likes shoes, she cooperated quite nicely for those. But when it came to doing her hair (which looked just CRAZY by then from all of the struggling), the screaming started all over. Lucas had to come up & sing 'Little Bunny Foo Foo' wither her about 20 times while I pulled her hair back out of her eyes. Okay, we're now out of time. There will be no Easter pictures. Let's just get in the van and go.

But, all of that being said (which can basically be summed up as 'apparently my daughter doesn't like dresses'), church was pretty cool (although Luc says there's too much singing). They took an approach I had not seen before, and it was pretty awesome. So, all the struggles in the morning were forgotten, and Easter found its way into our day.

Which brings us to Easter 'dinner.' Again, no groceries. So we had Taco Bell. Not the traditional dinner, I know. We did the ham dinner yesterday with the whole family, so we didn't feel like we were missing out on anything with our tacos & mexican pizzas. And according to a prediction by my husband, we will more than likely be eating fast food for dinner too. He's probably right. It's Easter...I'm just not in the mood for the grocery.

So, for all of you who were looking forward to Easter pictures, I'm sorry to disappoint. Just know that they all looked cute (or handsome). When the snow melts I am going to get them dressed back up in their Easter clothes & do some outside pictures. So when I get around to those, I'll be sure to share.

No comments: