Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Office Space

Uggh! I just HAVE to post something else so that those dumb spiders aren't the first things I see when I open my blog page. I've had just about enough of looking at them!

So I'll show you what I've been working on off and on throughout the day. Since we moved in here, we've managed to get almost every room pretty much put together. At least furniture in place, and belongings straightened and orderly, even if not everything is put away just right. The one major exception to that has been our front room / office. Other than the really pretty mission-style desk that Lucas got for me, the room has looked pretty much like a disaster from day one. The other day, though, I found some bookshelves on sale at Target. They were running an on-line special with %'s off, plus free shipping, plus an extra $$ off just for fun I guess. Anyway, I got both bookshelves together for a pretty good price.

They came yesterday. I put them together today. I even used a power tool! *LOL* Then worked for what felt like HOURS on getting the office organized. I got all the random papers, boxes, bags, drawers, photos, frames, and whatever else out of the floor and into a spot (or into the trash). My plan is to frame a few of my layouts and hang them for decorations. Plus get a soft comfy chair (maybe the recliner that's in the basement at the moment... who knows?) to sit along one wall. That way, it will be a good room for quiet time - reading, studying, whatever.

All that will have to come further down the road. For now, I am just happy to have the junk off the floor and have a presentable looking room as the first thing people see when they walk in.

No comments: