Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

1/6/11

Today Isaac learned that snakes smell with their tongues.

Sebastian learned more rounding. Also something about Pontiac's Rebellion.

Meagan... well... she didn't go to school today (her day off), so she basically just practiced perfecting the art of mess-making.

As for being helpful, Isaac received a 'bucket filler' note for being kind to a boy in his class today. Always very exciting to get noticed for bucket filling. Sebastian thought he remembered doing something nice, but couldn't remember what it was (*lol* Meagan asked him if he had lost his brain... little sisters!) And Meagan's "helpful" act of the day was to "reorganize" my canned foods in my turntable cabinet. She stacked everything as high as she could and squished it together as close as it would go. So basically my full cabinet was condensed to a really tall and wobbly mass that took up only about 1/4 of the cabinet space. Another *lol* for that. She was SO excited about what she was doing, so I knew I had to be gentle. But I also knew that I couldn't keep the food like that. One toppled tower as the cabinet spun shut & the whole thing could be jammed. So I mildly suggested that we play a sorting game and sort all the fruits, all the beans, all the canned meats, etc. At first she didn't want to re-sort, but I told her that the tall towers might fall when we spun it closed. Not wanting her towers to get messed up, she agreed to do the sorting. Problem solved, and she still got to be helpful.

As for me.... today my focus on being intentional wasn't directed so much at getting stuff done, but rather on making good decisions. I intentionally chose NOT to drive through and get a sweet tea; to drink water; to eat light, healthy, whole foods for dinner... etc. We had a good day today. Lucas got to be home with us (more about that another time... too tired to go into it right now), I got a few things done, spent some time with the kids, and now I'm relaxing on the couch with my husband... gonna have a tv date. Hot stuff.

**********

No comments: