Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's good...

It's good to sit down at the end of the day and be able to look back and say, 'Not bad.' I did okay today. It was a good day. Maybe not the BEST possible use of time, but good. I managed to get the house generally cleaned up. I got all but one load of laundry done. And I got the driveway cleared. (the snow blower is my friend. the snow blower is my friend.... only had to restart it once today... this, my friend, is what we call progress.)

Besides the 'doing' of the day, I found a lot of things about my day that were good... oddly enough a lot of those good things had to do with food... maybe I need to get out more. Good getting good news that lets me breathe a sigh of relief; good is knowing that God is my provider; good is fresh salsa with big chunks of onions and peppers; good is fresh veggies to snack on; good is salad topped with hard boiled eggs; good is dinner at home; good is miniature cupcakes for desert night; good is a sleepy kitty lounging on the back of the couch; good is taking time in the middle of the day to sit down, think, listen, and journal; good is talking to friends and family on the phone. Good is not setting alarms before bed tonight because the kids have a scheduled 2-hour delay tomorrow morning... that's REALLY good.

So I guess it's all good. Life. Life is good.

**********

No comments: