Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

About Today... 1/9/11


This morning we went to church. They played Pink Floyd. It was unexpected. I had to smile a bit.

After church I made a grocery run. Why is it that I feel like I am ALWAYS at the grocery? I think it's because I never really plan very good and always seem to find something else that I'm running out of. Like today, I got home with my van full of groceries only to discover that we are almost out of detergent... which means another grocery trip in the next few days. *shrug* What's a girl to do?

Lunch was leftover baked spaghetti. Still yummy the 2nd time around... and this coming from the queen of "I don't eat left-over's." (Yes, that's really my title. Ask my husband. Or my mother.)
We watched Despicable Me and snacked on popcorn. The kids and Lucas plopped in front of the fire. I love that.

We had subs and cheesy waffle fries for dinner. I was feeling lazy and not particularly like cooking. So I made easy food.

Then.... Lucas loaded up his truck and headed off to face the start of our new adventure. He reports to the plant first thing tomorrow morning. Which means he is a loner for a while. And I am a single momma for a while. And we will have to do lots of video chats before bedtime so the kids can see their daddy.

Tonight as he was getting ready to leave, they all ganged up and worked together to block the door so he couldn't get out. It was sweet. They were really just playing around and having fun though. They took his departure with good spirits. I think they know - we all know - that on the other side of all of the unpleasantness of transition, there will be something great that God has planned for us. We just have to get through the junk to get there. We can do that. As a family.
This weekend Isaac had Puddles the class duck. It was his weekend to bring Puddles home to hang out. We took pictures & put a little photo collage together of all the things Puddles did during his visit. Part of getting to bring Puddles home is being highlighted in the classroom during the week. We had to find a few pictures for him to take in to hang up in the class. Wow! As I searched through all of our photos SO many memories came rushing back. I love that about pictures. Life is so good.


**********

No comments: