Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

About Today... 1/15/11

Today we slept in until 9:00. *sigh* I L.O.V.E. having someone beside me to wake up to. Although I had to scootch back over to my side of the bed rather than sleeping dead center. Oh well... small sacrifices. =)

Today I got up and made breakfast - bacon, eggs, and toast. Sebastian ate 4 eggs by himself. Plus bacon. How will I feed that child as he gets bigger? I don't know!

Today I spent a lot of time narrowing down houses for our house hunt. I went from 33 houses down to 12. I think that was a pretty productive round of eliminations. Plus, I made our family checklist for each of the houses, printed them out, and stapled them to the front of each house brochure. That way, whenever we go look at them, we can let the kids get involved finding certain aspects of the house and marking them off on the check list. They're super excited about this! I think we're all starting to feel a bit impatient. Patience, however, is a must. So we'll wait a bit longer... but at least we're prepared.

Today I went to the grocery. There are times when the grocery feels like a chore. And it takes forever. But I must admit, I love the possibilities that a grocery trip holds. A whole new week of menu items and good meals. I love to have a cart full of whole foods and healthy stuff. What I don't love is going out in the mucky snow. And I don't love putting the groceries away when I get home.

Today we had sliders, corn on the cob, and salad for dinner. Yum. Today was SUPPOSED to be desert day, but I totally ran out of time to make a desert. Tomorrow. Tomorrow will be desert day instead.

Today I did a bit more to get the house ready. Someone is coming this week to give us their initial assessment of the house. I don't want to still have the paint ladder in the hallway and baskets of laundry in the front room. That means I still have some work to do.

Now I'm going to finish some work on a few pictures and call it quits for the night. Tomorrow is another day.

**********

No comments: