Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Clean

My house is clean. Yay!

Yes, I can still list off easily six cleaning/maintenance projects that need to be done. But for now, everything is dusted, vacuumed, wiped down, tidied up, and generally pleasant to look at.

And now I'm tired. I started at about 9:00 this morning, stopping for major meal times, and finished at about 9:30 tonight. Tomorrow the real estate agent who helped us find this home is coming over for a visit. And a chat.

I am hoping that SOON the relocation company will get their act together and get the ball rolling. If we're moving, let's get on with it. Don't they KNOW how hard it is to keep a house clean to prepare to list, and then keep it clean some more while it's listed and being shown... with three kids in the house!!! They should know these things. Really.

Tomorrow the kids go back to school after a LOOOOONNNGG weekend at home. I bet they are looking forward to it, if only it means they don't have to fold laundry or make beds or any other not-so-fun chore that I come up with for them to help me. They were rather helpful though. Except Meagan. She is hardly ever helpful... even when she is TRYING to be. A tornado cannot be helpful. And that's that.

Speaking of that, she does not go back to school tomorrow. She's home until Wednesday. So we are going to have to find things to do together to keep her occupied (translation: to keep her from pulling out every blanket and pillow and toy that we own). But since I've basically be cleaning and putting away and organizing and hanging pictures since Friday, I think I can stand to take a day off and just play with her. I'm ready for a play day.

Besides cleaning, Isaac had his friend Carrie over to play today. She was here for a few hours, and they had a great time together. I know he is really going to miss her when we go. So I'm glad they got to spend some time together outside of school.

Well, that about sums up my updates for you. I'll TRY to be more interesting in the next few days. For right now, I'm too tired and my back is quite uncomfortable to be sitting here at my desk. So I'm going to go elsewhere and lay down and be lazy. =)

**********

No comments: