Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A bit of randomness & some Baked Spaghetti

Just a note on today... my computer had to be reformatted (I am very happy to be married to a techy geek. I love that he can fix my computer. He's cool like that). I had no laptop for the entire afternoon / evening. I got a lot of cleaning done. Like, I did laundry, cleaned the oven, dusted the china hutch, swept & mopped the kitchen floor, did the dishes, and made dinner. Dinner.... baked spaghetti. Only I didn't have a recipe to work from... but how hard can baked spaghetti be to make up? So I made something up. It was good. Here's what I used: 3/4 of a box of spaghetti - prepared slightly undercooked 1 jar of spaghetti sauce 1 140z can of Italian style tomatoes, partially drained 1 lb of smoked sausage (it was the only meat I had available to work with.) 4 oz shredded mozzarella 1/4 cup shredded parmesan So I boiled the noodles & browned the sausage. Drained the noodles, and mixed the noodles, sausage, sauce & tomatoes together. Put it in a baking dish. Topped it with the cheese. Covered it with foil. Baked it at 375 for 30 minutes. Took the foil off & baked it a few more minutes to brown the cheese. Yum.

No comments: