Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Down Again

On top of the craziness of the move, and starting a new school, and now being off of school for a week of Spring Break, Sebastian has now added a day of non-stop vomiting to the mix. This morning, since there was no school, I made a nice big breakfast for everyone - bacon, eggs, pancakes, toast, and even some made-from-scratch strawberry lemonade. All good stuff. So I knew something was up when Sebastian (who is, without a doubt, my breakfast eater), was nibbling. He sort of ate his bacon, and managed about half of a pancake.

About mid-way through the meal, he told me his throat was hurting again. He asked to be excused, and then went and laid down. Later it was a headache. Then about 45 minutes after that, the ickies really set in. At one point he was keeping count, and he was up to 8 I think... I'm guessing by now he might have lost track. Poor guy. He has finally managed to fall asleep in his own bed, where I'm hoping he will be able to rest peacefully for the night and maybe wake up feeling restored to health. I'm also praying that the rest of us will be protected from the icky sickies. NOT how we were hoping to spend Spring Break.

*****
In other news, we bought blinds today. I went on a solo trip to Lowes (Lucas stayed home with Sebastian and the crazies). We basically had to have every single set of blinds cut to specific size for our odd-sized windows. Since there were 11 of them, the guy told me he would place the order and call me when they were ready. I made a special request though for him to do the blinds for our master bathroom while I was there. So we do actually now have one set of blinds hung in our house... a very IMPORTANT set I might say. I will now be able to shower (and other such bathroom-related activities) without having to hide from the window and mirror (which is directly opposite the window, thus giving our neighbors a show even if we're not actually in front of the window itself... good fun). Anyway, they called at about 8:30 tonight and said the blinds are ready, so I'm hoping to go get those tomorrow morning... give my husband something to do tomorrow :)

**********

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New school and all new germs. Wonderful!! Hope he feels better soon.

Did you get the blinds YOU wanted?

Love to all,

Nancy

Rebecca H. said...

Nancy, We did end up getting blinds that we both liked... although I think he liked them less after having to hang them all. :)