Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Just Sayin'...

I have no idea why my photos in my last post look so crazy bad. I must have done something wonky in resizing and didn't realize it... sorry we all look like blurry blobs. I'll see if I can get that fixed, maybe later.

*****

Although the whole process of moving has thrown a kink into our 'not eating out' agenda, we are steadily getting back on track. On my list of things to do today: set the menu for this week. The kids are home from school for Spring Break, so I'll have to feed them three meals plus snacks. I went to the grocery last night, and ended up buying nothing but pork for meat - sausage, italian sausage, bacon, ham... must have been hungry for pork? At any rate, I've determined that we MUST eat something besides pork this week, so I am also hoping to find a local meat market today. But I may as well wait until after the menu is done so I know what to buy.

*****

Also need to get back on track with entering receipts (boo) and paying bills (more boo). So I suppose that will also be on the to-do list for the day. If not today, then tomorrow. But hopefully today.

*****

We had our first tornado siren this morning. What is it with tornado sirens going off the first week we move into a place? Really? It was dumping sheets of rain, thunder, lightning, the works. Since the rain had woken me up, I got up to cover Meagan back up to try to avoid 'accidents' (which tend to happen when she gets chilled). Just as I crawled back into bed, I heard a siren. At first I thought it was an ambulance, but it didn't stop. And it didn't get any farther away (well, it actually did, but it came back... then went away and came back). It took my sleepy, groggy mind a minute to figure out that it was the tornado siren rather than the ambulance.

For who-knows-what reason, I opted out of waking the kids and taking them to the basement. I figured if I woke them all up and drug them down to the cold, hard, dirty basement, getting them back to bed afterwards would be out of the question. Really lame reason for ignoring a tornado siren, I know. But it worked out okay for us, thankfully.

Since it's a rainy, MUDDY (in our grass-less yard) day, we are going to be indoors today. The kids are playing Pokemon on DS or Brawl on wii or whatever else. I'm sure there will be Legos, or Polly Pockets, or Bionicles mixed in there at some point as well. Bummer for a Spring Break day, but we'll make it good anyway. Have a great day yourselves! I'll try to get back with you soon with better quality photos!


**********

No comments: