Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Highlights

I know my blogging has been a bit sporadic. It's been a busy week. For some reason, this has been the first week where I've really felt the effects of getting adjusted to a new place. How can that be? I have no idea, but it's true. Like today, for instance, it took me 20 minutes to find the Post Office. I kept driving right by it... seems little things like that have been steeling my time here and there. I think it's because this is the first week where we've really been trying to operate on a normal 'routine' (I think that's what they call it... it's been so long, I sort of forget).

Also, last week Sebastian and Meagan did trial classes for gymnastics... and LOVED it! Then this week Isaac decided to try his hand at it as well. He was less enthused, but decided to finish out the last 4 or 5 weeks of this session before he made up his mind. So we have added 3 gymnastics classes to the mix as well as general life adjustments. Awesome. But they have been waiting patiently for quite a few months now, and I really don't mind.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few photos of some of my favorite moments (random as they are) from this week.

Isaac taught Meagan how to play chess. I wasn't able to stick around to see if he was teaching her the right rules, but from what I heard while I was snapping a few pictures, I think he was at least TRYING to adhere to the rules. Very cute.
Photobucket

My curtains are up!! I got these curtains LAST year - maybe for my birthday I think (I can't remember, it's been so long). I tried to hang them up in the last house, but they just wouldn't work (hanging hardware issues that we never got around to fixing). I am SO happy to finally have them up where I can see them every day. They make me happy. I love the big bold print... and the GREEN.
Photobucket

Pillow fort. How can you not love that?
Photobucket

Isaac doing homework. He's been doing really well adjusting to the new school. He may not PREFER this school to the last one (not even close really), but the fact that he is getting awards daily for good behavior and is getting A+'s on nearly everything that comes home in his folder... makes a Mama's heart happy!
Photobucket

And finally...
How do I explain this? He (Isaac) made up a video game that he wants to make some day. It's called Dragon Diggers... he has all the details mapped out in his brain, and if you ever get the chance to ask him about it, I'm sure he would be MORE than happy to share them with you...at length. Anyway, tonight after all the homework was done, he decided to play Dragon Diggers by acting it out. In this picture, he is being a Tortoise Dragon that digs its shell from the heaviest boulder it can find. This boulder shell makes him strong and protected, provides shade, and makes him nearly impossible for his enemies to roll over (which, of course, is the only way for the enemy to defeat the tortoise, as it's soft belly is its only weakness)... can you tell he goes into detail? *lol*
Photobucket

**********

No comments: