Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

I Quit

It finally happened. We finally made one of our kids mad enough to cross the line.

Tonight after dinner, Meagan quit our family.

She declared it at the top of her lungs so we were sure to hear her. I guess she wanted to make it clear that she was upset.

10-4 good buddy. We read you loud and clear.

So here's what happened. She was having issues using manners at the dinner table. We had told her about it a few times. She kept on and kept on, so I looked straight at her and told her to collect her things, clear her plate from the table and go sit in her room until clean-up time. She grabbed her things and stomped off toward the sink, whining and groaning along the way, to which Lucas plainly told her there would be no whining. She got super silent, sat her plate on the counter, turned and walked out of the kitchen. For a moment, I was impressed... and then... when she reached the bottom of the stairs she yelled out, "I'm just about to quit this family ya know! I'm THAT frustrated!"

Yup, that was it for me. I lost it... laughing!! Which did NOT make her happy. I'm sure it didn't. She was being super serious and trying to express herself to us, and we went and busted out laughing. But it was funny! I laughed. It couldn't be helped.

The good news is, after having a few minutes in her room to reconsider, she voluntarily re-joined our family. She came down to clean the kitchen as though nothing had ever happened, and she is back to being her normal energetic & bouncy self.

**********

1 comment:

Val said...

I love her.

It must be the age and that time of year. Last week Liam told me he liked Miss Casey, our neighbor who has 2 boys, as his mom better than me. I'm thinking, "Don't tempt me, child!" 0=)

I did inform him that then he'd have TWO brothers to share with...

...and he's back to his usual lovey, snuggly self as well.

Hug yours tight for us. We miss you.