Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Welcome Spring

Signs of Spring are popping up everywhere, and I LOVE it!

I don't think anyone in our family looks forward to the return of Spring more than Meagan. This girl is an OUTDOORS girl through and through. Even when she was only days old (thankfully she was born in a Spring month so it was warm enough for this) whenever she would get fussy and inconsolable, all we had to do was step outside with her, and she would quiet down. Something about fresh air just feeds her soul. It's incredible!

So we have spent many after-school afternoons this week playing outside. We've visited playgrounds, or taken walks, or explored in the field behind our house. We've spied buds on trees and shapes in clouds. Spring is so much fun when experienced through the eyes of a child!
Photobucket

We've done lots of bike rides also - well, she rides and I walk behind her taking pictures.
Photobucket

You would think that keeping up would be a challenge for me, and you would be right... IF I didn't get a lot of help from the dandelions! See, she'll go flying up ahead of me, but just when I think she's going to go a bit too far, she spots a dandelion patch. Of course, she MUST stop and pick them because they are beautiful FLOWERS... don't call a dandelion a weed in front of her... they are NOT weeds! Sometimes our bike rides / walks actually get to the point where I have to prod her to get going. I use this line a lot: "You don't want to pick EVERY dandelion you see... you need to have something to pick the next time we go on a ride." Works like a charm!
Photobucket
Photobucket

**********

No comments: