Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We Lived!!

We made it through the night, although with very little sleep to show for it!

I think we finally hauled everyone back up to bed around 1:00. The storms were relentless, coming in waves. Just when I would drift off to sleep, the room with light up from another gigantic sized lighting flash, and the whole house would be shaken by thunder. I could hear the metal light fixture on our front porch crashing into the side of the house as it swung in the crazy wind. It was a long night. LONG.

Thankfully, no water in the basement today ... yay sump pump!!

And school is carrying on as normal. There were a few schools in the area today that were either delayed or closed due to storm damage. I think most of them were south of us. So I would say they had an even longer night than we did.

The town where Lucas' family lives got hit by a tornado last night... I guess bits of their Wal-Mart are being discovered on the opposite side of town... never a great thing really. We heard from his mom last night, so I THINK everyone is okay. I hope.

I'll try to check back later with a post that's not weather-related. We have gymnastics tonight for both boys, so that will take up about 3 hours of my evening... so no promises on getting around to another post. I.WILL.TRY. Have a lovely day, and be thankful for all of the good in your life today!

**********

1 comment:

Val said...

I'm sorry you're having such crazy weather! Our kids slept right through it, except the baby, naturally. And no, finding pieces of Wal-Mart on the other side of town would be bad...

Love you! =D