Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Well This Sucks.

10:10 pm.

Everyone is sound asleep in bed.

I'm on the couch just getting ready to start a movie.

Lucas is down in the basement playing online with his buddies.

And then...

Tornado sirens start. And warning alarms on the tv blast through.

Uggg.

I yelled down the stairs for Lucas to come help me with the kids... dragging three sleeping zombie babies out of bed and down two flights of stairs is more than a one-person job.

We got everyone situated with a few blankets, some throw pillows from the couch, and a cold hard concrete floor for a bed. Thankfully the storm held off long enough for at least Isaac and Meagan to actually fall asleep. Sebastian, my worrier, will most likely not sleep until this is over.

A few minutes ago the thunder & lightening started rolling pretty regularly, and moments after that, hail started pelting our egress windows. Looking at the radar, we may be down here for a while.

It is now 10:50. We've been down here for 40 minutes. My butt is cold and numb from sitting on this floor, but I am very thankful to have a basement to go to. Times like this make me extra happy we did not choose to buy a house on a slab.

**********

No comments: