Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Daily Dining - Oct 6 & 7

October 6:
Much better yesterday than the day before. I ate breakfast at home, lunch at home, and dinner at home! Yea me! I spent a total of $1.07 on a drink at McDonald's. That's it.

October 7:
So far, breakfast at home...check. But we did get McDonald's drinks this morning. A total of $2.13. I'm going to go right now and brew some more tea because I ran out at home.... leads to spending too much on fast food drinks.

I have to make another grocery run today also. It's time to send in more snacks for Isaac's class. Plus, we are running low on lunch-packing supplies - raisins, crackers, etc. So I'm going to try to do some grocery planning and keep my spending down. If I can keep grocery spending (including paper supplies AND eating out) under $500 this month, that would be HUGE for us. Our normal monthly bill has been around $850 I would guess (not counting eating out). So yeah, that would be a $350+ savings on the month. I'll take that. It's worth it to take extra time to plan and to say NO to all those tempting treats at the store.

*****
Went to the grocery... spent $157.55.

No comments: