Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Home Body & Other Randomness

Well, we had our first missed day of school today. Sebastian has been coughing a ton lately, and he was complaining of a sore throat. I thought, with Halloween coming up, and Daddy coming home in a few days, we better give him a chance to rest and recover. He had very little coughing today, which was good, but not a lot of appetite. He seems like he'll be okay to go back tomorrow.

*****

We had a windy, rainy, rather stormy day today. I got a cell phone notification first thing in the morning that our area would be under a tornado watch for the better part of the day. It rained a lot. The wind definitely blew, and the sky was as dark gray as it can be without being black. But it all passed rather quickly. Nothing too exciting. We lost power for about 1 second... just enough that I had to reset clocks and such. Isaac said the bells kept going off in the school all morning. But really, it was not that big of a deal.

*****

I went today and got the supplies for the craft that we will be doing tomorrow in Meagan's class for her Halloween party. I am HOPING they turn out okay. I've never done this craft before, so it could be interesting. I will be spending this evening preparing little baggies of craft goodies to get ready for the party. Wish me luck.

*****

That's all for now. We're getting ready to work on our clean-up and chores for the evening. Then some chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese for dinner. And hopefully some time for relaxing sometime after that.

**********

No comments: