Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Pausing once again to take notice of the little things here and there around me that brighten my day and make me smile. As fall is in full swing, and winter is quickly approaching, I decided it was time to forgo the fresh flowers for a bit. So I threw together a quick bouquet of silk flowers with shades of green and white. Green absolutely puts me at ease and makes me happy. ***** I'm definitely Feeling festive this month. Look at these cute little glass pebbles we found at Pier 1, which is quickly becoming my favorite browsing place... I love to go in and look around. The colors and textures in there are amazing. I'm sure by now the sales people sort of roll their eyes when they see me walk in... 'Oh it's her again.' Bet they wish I would buy a bit more often! But I must say I've gotten some great ideas in there! And this fall planter that I found at Meijer.
Aaah, and candy corn. I don't particular LIKE candy corn, but I LOVE the way that it looks! And the kids like having it around, for sure!
And because I like the look of candy corn, it's only fitting that I have candy corn lights on our holiday tree.


*****


One more of my favorite things... fresh grilled veggies! Yum! Super easy and one of my favorite additions to any meal. When it's warm enough to grill, that is the absolute best. But on cold days, steaming the veggies instead of grilling works almost as well.

To make them on the grill:


  • Chop up your favorite fresh veggies... we've been known to use broccoli, squash, zucchini, onions, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes... you name it.

  • lightly coat them with olive oil

  • then sprinkle Italian dressing mix over the veggies and toss until evenly coated

  • grill... we use a grill basket... works like a dream!

To steam them instead, chop and steam the veggies first, then toss them in olive oil & dressing mix.


**********

No comments: