- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 28 oz. fire roasted tomatoes
- 14 oz. Italian style tomatoes
- 14 oz. light kidney beans, drained
- 4 oz. chopped green chills
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
And the not-so-definites:
- ~ 1/3 cup + chili powder - I started with 1/4 cup, but I kept adding it as I went. 1/3 cup is my best guess.
- generous dose of garlic powder
- palm full of dried oregano
- ~ 1/8 cup cayenne pepper
- 2+ tsp paprika
- generous dose of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt (ish)
- ~ 1/2 pack taco seasoning
- Saute the onions and minced garlic in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Then add the ground beef to the onions; brown & drain
- In a large pot, mix all the tomatoes, beans, cooked & drained ground beef, seasonings, and everything else on the list
- Mix it up and let it stew for as much time as you can or want to give it.
This most definitely made plenty for us to get two full chili meals plus a few left-over servings. We froze a little less than 1/2 of the pot for another round of chili later on, and we kept the rest on hand for quick lunches, etc. for the next day or so. Worked lovely! Tasted yummy!