So starting today, I am on a quest to get through the next 3 weeks - that's 21 days - of no fast food. I am determined that we will break bad habits and replace them with good ones. And now that the kids are in school, I really have no excuse... other than laziness or poor time management and failure to think ahead... none of those are very good reasons.
The kids and I sat down after church today and came up with a menu of dinners for the upcoming week. I'm feeling positive about this! I know we can do this... I CAN DO THIS with a little forethought and preparation. Here's the menu we have agreed on:
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Vegetable Pizza, Corn on the Cob
- Loaded Nachos
- Roasted squash with cinnamon & butter, steamed carrots & broccoli with sweet butter sauce, bread
- Chicken pot pie soup, crescent rolls
- Stuffed shells, salad
- Chicken fingers, wilted lettuce, chips (football food!!)
- Grilled chicken strips over salad, whatever else we feel like putting with it
So there you have it... that's the plan for the week. I'll try to keep you posted with our progress, my thoughts and the kids' thoughts on the meals, and maybe even a little cost-per-meal analysis... and a recipe or two??? We'll see how ambitious I get.
For now, I'm off to tackle laundry and some book work. Neither do I WANT to do, but as I tell my kids almost every day, sometimes we just have to do things, whether we want to or not. Happy Sunday!!