Pages

Monday, February 5, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside

And, apparently, they've cancelled school because of it. I guess I need to start incorporating TV into my morning routine during the winter. Needless to say, I did NOT watch TV today, and, therefore, did NOT know that there was no school. So, we went along with our morning as usual - breakfast, play time, tub, get dressed, and so on and so on. 11:00 rolled around, and I had Sebastian get all bundled up - snow pants, boots, coat, gloves, hat, book bag. 11:10 - the bus should be here any minute. 11:13 - hmm, Buddy, your bus is running pretty late today. 11:15 - you know, I wonder if they cancelled today. 11:20 - confirmation from 2 neighbors that there is, in fact, no school today. Okay, Bud, take your stuff off and go play. I guess you're stuck with us today! I guess it doesn't hurt a kid to stand in full snow gear for 20 minutes every now & then. Right? ???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad I always have to call Lori as I'm on my way to work to let her know that there is no school. Not that she'd be able to sleep in anyway.

But come on, you didn't know there was school at 11am. Poor kid......

Rebecca H. said...

ok, i'm about to block you from my blog!!! LOL! his bus comes at 11:10 most of the time, and i hadn't turned on tv or anything to look...the roads looked fine to me...no new snow to speek of...why would they cancel. but now i know...thanks for your input (i always look forward to all of the very kind & uplifting things you have to say!)

Deidra Faith said...

That just cracks me up! I think it happens to a lot of people! You might want to start checking again tonight though...schools have already started to delay and cancel around here because of the wind chill. How come we don't get delays and cancellations as adults?? So unfair...