Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2007

We've got some Catching Up to do!

What a weekend! I know I missed yesterday...please forgive me! We had house guests, and we were just too busy doing other things! Sherri came Friday and stayed until this morning...6 kids in the house - four boys! Wowzers! We joked all weekend that we know why we stopped at 3! There's just not enough room (or food) for that many kids! But we had a great time visiting, and the boys LOVED having friends sleep over.

Saturday, just to get the kids out for a change of scenery, we decided to take them to Chuck E Cheese...but we really hadn't considered (until we got there) that it was, in fact, SATURDAY! Packed is an understatement! We spent 3 1/2 hours trying to keep track of everyone. The games were running out of tickets, so there were several times that no tickets came out. And some of the games were broken down all together. But the kids didn't seem to mind. They had a blast! I will say it's the first time I've been in the same room as my best friend for that long and said less than 20 words to her...I hardly even saw her after we left the table and headed for the games (unless it was to hand off kids so one of us could take a bathroom break LOL)! Ah, well, we made up for it after the kids went to bed...we had plenty of good girl-talk time!!! Maybe a little too much, because we were both extremely tired this morning!

So, my news for the day is that I got 2 emails - 1 the other day and 1 this morning - inviting me to be on 2 different design teams for digital scrapbooking.

The first one is a manufacturing team. The lady I took the online course from has just released a new line of products (Crazy Cat Studios) that she wants to promote partly through design team work. I really really like her as a person (as much as you can when you meet someone electronically, that is!), and the concept & look of her new stuff is pretty cool! I'm excited about that.

The second is a scrapbook-focused web site - Scrap Galaxy. They have decided to branch out & have a site to focus on digital - and they've asked me to be a part of their creative team to help promote the site. I sent in my layouts quite a while ago. I figured, since I hadn't heard anything about it, that they hadn't selected me...so that was that. So, I was pretty surprised to see the email from them in the inbox today! Nice surprise! Thanks, Jane, for helping me pick which layouts to send in!

Alright - I'm done rambling on for the day - I'm gonna go take some quiet time to myself while the kids are snoozing. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Deidra Faith said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Sounds like a great opportunity! Woo hoo!